Calling all street performers, circus acts, buskers, musicians, artists, clowns, mimes and entertainers….the Cape Town Buskers Festival needs you! To be held at the V&A Waterfront from 5 to 8 October, as part of the 2017 Cape Town Fringe, the Buskers Festival will feature four stages and a total of 80 performances over the weekend.
- You’re a freelance performer with a killer, family-friendly act and the ability to whip a crowd into a frenzy
- You have an act of 45-minutes that you can perform at least twice a day
- Your act is relatively self-contained and able to set up and strike quickly
… then you’re what we’re looking for!
- Marketing and promotion
- Staging (basic tech, lighting and sound) and support
- Crowd control and security
- Licences, insurance and permits to perform in public
- A nominal stipend to cover your transport costs and meals.
Your job is to perform – and to get your ‘hat’ filled with cash from the passing crowd… 100% of what you raise, you keep.
How to be part
- Come along to one of the audition days at the V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre on 15, 17 or 19 August 2017, anytime between 12pm and 4pm, and give us a taste of what you can do
- If you can’t make auditions, grab your phone and film a short video of you doing your thing.
Whichever of the above two methods you use, you need to complete the application form at www.capetownfringe.co.za/buskers before 5pm on 21 August 2017
If you have any questions, email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Cape Town Buskers Festival website at www.ctbuskersfestival.co.za